Climbing has a profound impact on our mental, social, physical and emotional well-being. WeClimb mentors work with youth to take them climbing and use climbing as a tool for personal development and fostering healthy relationships.
WeClimb Mentor Requirements/Expectations:
• They should believe and support the WeClimb mission
• Have the ability and willingness to pass a background check
• Physically able to participate in rock climbing with their mentee
• Commit to rock climbing-related activities at least every-other week during our Saturday morning open climb time at Synergy Climbing Gym or outdoors
• Stay in consistent communication with mentee on a weekly basis
• Each mentor must commit to a minimum of six months in the program
• Have a Synergy rock-climbing membership, or be willing to get day passes to climb with their mentee
• Be intentional, when given the opportunity, about showing mentees how rock climbing can be a metaphor for life (i.e., requiring hard work, strength, problem solving, attention to detail, preparation, teamwork, etc.).
Interested? Fill out our Mentor Application.
Do you know any youth interested in participating in this program?
Please have their guardian fill out the Parent Application.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.